Etiketter

onsdag 17 april 2013

My PRAO


I worked at Martas café for my PRAO and I worked there for almost two weeks. We were actually supposed to work for two weeks, but since I went to Iran for the Easter holidays I missed two days of my PRAO weeks. I chose to work at Martas Café because I know that they bake everything they sell there. So it isn’t a café where you only sell things that you buy from other places, they actually bake everything, all the cookies, bread and everything else too, wich I thought seemed very interesting!

Anyway, my time at Martas Café was okay. I started at 10:00 am and I worked till 04:00 pm. I think my working times were really good because I didn’t have to get up early in the morning, wich means I could stay up pretty late for almost two weeks. So that was cool, but it still was a bit hard working for six hours. 

My tasks at Martas Café weren’t that many actually (I mostly got tired from standing up doing nothing) so I got a bit bored and didn’t know what to do. But the things I did do were different, sometimes I took the customers orders, sometimes I helped baking and other times I washed the dishes. I also served, went shopping and helped making sandwiches. I guess I did do many things after all, but not that many a day wich is why I got bored. 

I think that the best thing with working at Martas Café was the fact that I got so many cookies to eat. They always told me to eat things and every once in a while they told me to take a break. Usually I thought, what am I taking a break from, since I mostly walked around doing nothing, but still, it was really nice and I happily chose the biggest cinnamon roll that I could find. I often took the warm ones coming right from the oven. 

What I loved about Martas Café was the fact that it was placed in the big library we have in Lund. So every day after work, I went to the library and worked with different things I had missed while I was in Iran, and I found a new studying place that I think l will spend some time in in the future!  

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar