Etiketter

torsdag 13 februari 2014

Creative connector

During a lot of different times in the book, Bill tells us what he and his family think about the Spinks, and mostly why the fact that they are so incredibly rich and famous bothers them so much. Bill and his dad usually say that it’s stupid that someone can possibly make that much money from kicking a ball into a net, for example, and how silly it is that Benny is all well known and popular just because of his father.

I wanted to connect this with the real world, and I wanted to connect Bill and his father's thoughts with my own thoughts and opinions, because I agree with them. In our world, there are some people, a lot of them actually, who make crazy amount of money from things like singing, acting or playing basketball and football and so on. Just like Bill and his family, I think that's really stupid and to be honest, to me, it's kind of chocking. I’m not saying that they don’t work hard or that they don’t deserve money, because they do. A singer like Rihanna is pretty much always in the studio making music and a player like LeBron James is always on the basketball court playing and practicing. These people spend a lot of their time on their jobs, and they deserve a good salary, but do they deserve THAT much? Because that’s where I disagree. People like LeBron and Rihanna make millions of dollars every year, while some people can not even get enough food and water for their families.

In my opinion, that’s one thing that’s really messed up in our world. It’s a shame that some people make, what’s a fortune to others, in less than a day. And I don't know how we could possibly change that. People love to be entertained, and we spend a lot of money on buying tickets to different concerts, games and so on, which makes it a possibility for people just like LeBron and Rihanna to make that kind of money. 

I don't know, but maybe we should put our "needs" aside for one second, take a look around the world and just try to figure out where the money is really needed. Then we can start make a change. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar